It’s that moment in a relationship that instantly takes it to the next level. Whether you’ve been dating him for 3 minutes minutes or 3 weeks, waiting for that all-important kiss can be nerve-wracking. The truth is it is just as nerve-wracking for him as it is for you. When it comes to getting a man to kiss you, no matter where you are in your relationship, you need to set the playing field in such a way that he can go for it without the risk of rejection. Here’s a few suggestions on how to do just that.
Here are 6 easy tactics on how to get a guy or your "new" boyfriend to kiss you:
1. Look at his lips: It’s a subtle nonverbal cue that will simply not go unnoticed. Even if he doesn’t consciously realize he’s doing it, it’s a signal that he will subconsciously pick up. This subconscious cue will send him the message that you not only like looking at them, but you would enjoy experiencing them up close and personal.
2. Make him aware of your lips by drawing attention to them: Not only do you want to let him know you notice his lips, you want him to look at your lips as well. A bold lipstick will do this trick, but so will a few cleverly placed nonverbal cues. Putting your hand over your mouth when he says something “shocking” while laughing will draw attention. Or, if he asks you a thoughtful question, put your finger to the side of your mouth while you “pretend” to think of the answer, all the while sending the message that this is exactly where you want him to touch you.
3. Break the cold. If he's not touching you, make the move: This is the age-old, dusting-the-fake-lint-off-his-shoulder technique that works every time. Anytime you need to get a little closer to him and he hasn’t made the move, make it yourself.
4. Linger: Men aren’t stupid. They know there is a certain point at the end of a date where a specific action is almost expected. If up to now he hasn’t made a move, you either haven’t given him enough interest cues or he isn’t interested. Linger at the end of the date and see where it takes you. He will know what you are waiting for to fill up that awkward space. He will either go for it, or he won’t.
5. Be aware of the distance between you two. Decrease it to make the move easy on him: Start with the “hug and hold” technique as suggested by Cosmopolitan magazine. This is exactly what it sounds like and is much like the linger move. When you decrease the amount of physical distance between you, it takes the pressure off of him if he is going to make the move. If it’s a first date, just say, “I’m a hugger!” and then give him a hug at the end of the date. But hold for a minute or two, just to look in his eyes and let him know you had a great time. He’ll know what you want.
6. It's sexy to ask him when he's going to kiss you: Remember how much we love those movie scene where the girl asks the guy the very same question. it just gives her so much power.
If it’s been a few dates, then you know he is interested, or he wouldn’t be here with you. If he has still not made the move, he’s probably the shy guy. Just ask him, “So, when are you going to kiss me?” It goes back to that confidence factor men love with women. It will show him that you are interested, and if he’s interested, he will probably laugh it off with relief and make his move. If he doesn’t, then you know where you stand and can stop waiting for this guy to take the next step.
It boils down to this...
When it comes to kissing, he wants to go for it as much as you want him to, but he’s not going to take that step if there is any risk of rejection or humiliation. You can make his job so much easier by setting the right tone that gives him nothing but green lights to go for it. And, if you’ve set the scene just right and he still hasn’t gone for it, chances are unfortunately, he may just not want to. If that’s the case, don’t push the situation yourself, or you will be the one winding up feeling rejected and humiliated. Know your man and set the cues, and you should have no problem getting him to take your dating life to the next level.